Occupational Health and Safety Training
What is Occupational Health and Safety?
In very simple terms Occupational Health and Safety involves keeping the workplace safe from hazards and in full compliance with the law. New Broom Training have the necessary qualified, experienced and skilled professionals to advise you on your occupational Health and Safety Training requirements and the courses best suited to meet your needs.
New Broom Health and Safety Training Courses
- NVQ Level 3 Occupational Health and Safety
- NVQ Level 5 Occupational Health and Safety
- IOSH Working Safely and
- Ad Hoc Personalised Health and Safety Training
are recognised by employers and the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the chartered body for health and safety professionals who set health and safety standards.
The Importance of Health and Safety Training
Some Health and Safety Statistics for 2014/15*
- 142 workers were killed at work, a rate of 0.46 fatalities per 100,000 workers.
- 76,000 other injuries to employees were reported under RIDDOR, a rate of 293 per 100,000 employees.
- 611,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey.
- 23.3 million days were lost due to work-related ill health and 4.1 million due to workplace injury.
- Injuries and new cases of ill health resulting largely from current working conditions cost society an estimated £14.3 billion.
* Health and Safety Executive – www.hse.gov.uk
Health and Safety Training for Companies or Individuals
If you’re a business looking for effective health and safety training for your managers or staff, or an individual who is looking to enhance their knowledge and understanding then our Health and Safety courses are ideal.
Find out how we can help you. Contact New Broom Training for information by telephone on 01795 500816. We will be happy to talk through your requirements.