Occupational Health and Safety Training
What is Occupational Health and Safety?
In very simple terms Occupational Health and Safety involves keeping the workplace safe from hazards and in full compliance with the law. New Broom Training have the necessary qualified, experienced and skilled professionals to advise you on your occupational Health and Safety Training requirements and the courses best suited to meet your needs.
New Broom Health and Safety Training Courses
- NVQ Level 3 Occupational Health and Safety
- NVQ Level 5 Occupational Health and Safety
- Diploma Level 6 Occupational Health and Safety Practice and
- Ad Hoc Personalised Health and Safety Training
are recognised by employers and the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the chartered body for health and safety professionals who set health and safety standards.
The Importance of Health and Safety Training
Some Health and Safety Statistics for 2019/20*
- 1.6 million working people suffering from a work-related illness
- 2,446 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2018)
- 111 workers killed at work
- 693,000 working people sustain an injury at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 65,427 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 38.8 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £16.2 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2018/19)
* Health and Safety Executive – www.hse.gov.uk
Health and Safety Training for Companies or Individuals
If you’re a business looking for effective health and safety training for your managers or staff, or an individual who is looking to enhance their knowledge and understanding then our Health and Safety courses are ideal.
Find out how we can help you. Contact New Broom Training for information by telephone on 01795 500816. We will be happy to talk through your requirements.